Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Right now..

I'm enjoying my random day off in the middle of the week.  I feel slightly guilty because I haven't done anything special except make a batch of pumpkin spiced oatmeal cookies...which taste delicious!  Other than that I've done some grading and have America's Next Top Model on in the background.  But I'm trying to just enjoy this opportunity to relax and drink too much tea.  Yesterday I had class and didn't get home until 10:30 (after leaving at 6 am) so it is nice to enjoy having nothing to do today.  I'm looking forward to this weekend as well as I have no major plans aside from hanging out with my best friend Sunday and possibly some sister time on Saturday.

I'm pretty excited about my research paper topic for my grad class.  I'm going to be writing a paper on the role of orthodox Judaism in Israel's government for the past 15-20 years.  It's an interesting issue and the professor responded very positively to my topic.  If I have to write a 20 page paper at least I'll be interested in my topic!  Speaking of long papers, I had a 10-15 page report due yesterday and after speaking to my classmates I think I may have taken it way too seriously.  Its good to remember next time I have a complete anxiety attack before the second report is due. 

Work is stressful but good.  I had some nice moments and also some ridiculous ones but that's normal.  I'm trying to cut myself some slack and not be so hard on myself.

Weight wise things are still going well.  I've been working out about 3 times a week.  I'm still feeling some knee pain on and off so I think I'm going to keep it at about 3 times a week for the moment and see how I feel.  But every time I have worked out I have walked out of there feeling amazing.  It is such a good stress relief and leaves me with all of these positive feelings.  I love it.  However, I feel like I've been overeating and eating crap lately so I'm trying to work on that.  Obviously making cookies is not helpful but this past weekend I had some greasy, fatty food so I'm going to try to avoid that this weekend.  Of course this is the week before my period and I am always ravenous this week.  Stupid cycle.

Things I'm loving lately
The weather!  I love cuddling up on the couch with my fleece and sweatpants and a mug of hot tea.  It feels amazing.  I still need to buy more winter clothes but that's a fun problem to solve.

Having one paper handed in for my grad class.  The relief I feel is huge.  I'm just really grateful it was due before today so I could truly enjoy and relax today

Making a new recipe.  I love cooking and baking especially when it comes out delicious!

Two days until the weekend.  Having this day off has really made this week go by much faster.  I'm very lucky for my work schedule this September. 

Zumba class tonight!  I love the 6pm class even if it does mean I don't eat dinner until 8 (and try to go bed by 10!)  There's always so much energy and I leave feeling awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment