Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Despite my disdain for following trends I still wanted to take a moment to reflect on this year and look forward to the next year.  2012 was a good year for me and I'm grateful for experiencing it.  I'm hopeful about 2013 and waiting expectantly for some major changes in the summer.  Not sure how they will effect my life but I am excited to see what they bring.

Reasons why 2012 was awesome:
Came even closer to reaching my weight goal.  Am currently within 10 pounds of it!
Ate even healthier.  Have incorporated more fruits and vegetables into my diet
Spent a lot of quality time with the people I love most in the world, my boyfriend, my best friend, and my family.
Continued to love my job despite all of its attending stresses
Saw an old friend I hadn't seen in four years
Continued to exercise regularly and reap the benefits of that
Spent two days in Washington D.C. with the boy
Spent a week in New Hampshire with the family
Went to an amazing three day conference in Boston on everyday life in the Soviet Union.  By day I learned an incredible amount and by night I did fun things with the boy.  It was nice to have a companion with whom to share weird facts

I'm sure there's more but I think that's a good enough list.  Now for my goals for the new calendar year.

Reach my goal weight and then evaluate what is a good weight for me to maintain
Continue to exercise 5 times a week
Challenge myself by trying new activities.  I have a tendency to get stuck in a rut and close myself to different experiences
Eat less processed foods.  I worked a little on this but I want to get better
Be more positive!
Work on my road rage
Appreciate my everyday life.  I am so fortunate but I often overlook this.
Don't be afraid to ask for help.  I tend to let myself get overwhelmed but I can approach others for ideas and suggestions.
Be kind to myself.  In terms of my weight loss journey I have been very hard on myself, especially recently.  I need to remember where I've come from and just focus on moving forward.

I think that's enough for now.  I have several things I'm feeling guilty about that I'm going to try and let go in the spirit of being kind to myself.  Fresh start.

No comments:

Post a Comment